After you login backend, you can create a Gift Card product by one of two ways below:
Clicking on Catalog on the Admin sidebar > select Products > in the upper-right corner on the Add Product menu, select Gift Card.
or click on Marketing on the Admin sidebar > Then under Gift Card, select Manage Gift Card Products > click on Add Gift Card Product to create a new one.
When creating the Gift Card product, you can specify:
Gift Card Type: Physical, Virtual or Combine, Gift Card templates, product name, SKU and other information.
Gift Card module allow you set 3 types of Gift Card value, including fixed value, range of values and dropdown values.
- Set a fixed Gift Card or Voucher value
- Let customers select flexible amount within a pre-set range of values
- Build a list of predefined values in a drop-down menu
For each type of Gift Card value, you can let your customers choose pricing types for your gift cards:
- A price similar to Gift Card value
- A fixed price that can’t be modified
- A price based on percentage of Gift Card value
The following example will help you have better understanding about these configurations.
- Type of Gift Card value: Dropdown values
- Gift Card values: 10,20,30
- Type of Gift Card price: Percent of Gift Card value
- Percentage: 90
So customers only have to pay 90% of Gift Card value, which means $9 for a $10 Gift Card for instance.