Kiosk printing for Google Chrome
Kiosk Mode is a feature of Google Chrome which enables the browser to run only in full-screen mode, without any toolbars or address bars. This is a little tricky to set up, but it is a good solution if you wish to lock down your computer to ONLY run Magestore POS (enabling a kiosk mode shortcut from Program Files -> StartUp folder, for example).
How to Enable Kiosk Mode Printing for Google Chrome
- Download & install Google Chrome here: http://www.google.com/chrome
- Check that your receipt printer is set as your default printer
- Launch Chrome and check that the Chrome Version is the latest version
- Go to the POS, copy the URL in the address bar above.
- Next, navigate to the Chrome settings page by typing chrome://settings/ into the address bar.
- Under the On Startup section, select open a specific page or set of pages and click set page.
- Paste your POS URL here and click save.
- Close all Google Chrome windows
- CTRL-SHIFT-ESC and end task for all Google Chrome
- After this, find the Chrome browser shortcut on your desktop, right click and select properties.
- Append the following text to the end of the target field after a space: –enable-print-preview –kiosk –kiosk-printing
- Save these changes and launch Google Chrome. It should now load in full screen (kiosk) mode!
- The print preview will appear on your screen, but will instantly print a receipt to your default printer.
- If you would like POS to start in full-screen mode when the computer first starts, create a shortcut (right click the desktop icon & select “create shortcut”), then drag this into Program Files -> Startup folder.
- If you need to access your browser in non-kiosk mode, create another shortcut on the desktop, but on this one remove the kiosk printing and mode flags.
- If you need to exit kiosk mode, pressing the Windows key on your keyboard, and you can close the kiosk window from the taskbar.