Step 1: Enable session management
Head to POS > Under Admin, click on Settings:
To open and close POS sessions, enable Manage Session (under Session Management tab):
To start selling, POS user needs to open session and input the Opening Balance – the amount of cash in your store at the time. The POS menu will also display Session Management.
In case you want POS users to sell products immediately without opening a session, disable Manage Session.
For addition settings:
- Cash Control: Enable this option to track all cash denominations in your cash drawer at the beginning and end of a session.
- View session history since: Display list of sessions during the period you selected.
Step 2: Set up denomination
If you want to track cash denominations, first enable Cash Control.
Then head to POS > Manage Cash Denominations
The Denomination grid will display all cash denominations for your POS.
You can add new denomination or edit existing ones.
Denomination information includes:
- Denomination Name: Name of the cash denomination that will display on POS. For example: Dime, Quarter, Dollar
- Denomination Value: Value of that denomination. For example: 0.10, 0.25, 1
- To calculate opening or closing balance, POS will multiply the denomination value by the number of that denomination.
- For example: Denomination Value: 50, Number of Coins/Bills: 4, Subtotal: $200.00
- Sort Order: POS will display denomination with sort order of “0” first, followed by 1, 2, 3, and so on.
Step 3: Assign additional permission for POS users
When you’ve enabled POS session, all users can open and close session. However, you can set up additional permissions if necessary.
- To set up permissions for sessions, go to POS > Manage Roles
- Create a new role or edit an existing role. In Permission tab, under Role Resources > Resource Access: Select Custom
- Make adjustment: User can put money in and take money out during a session.
- View sessions created by other staff: When viewing session history of a POS, this user can view sessions created by other users.
- Go to POS > Manage Staffs:
- Select a staff and go to POS permission:
- Assign the correct Role for that staff and save your settings.
Step 4: Check your settings
Log in to your POS checkout screen to make sure everything’s set up correctly.
- Enable Session Management:
- Users can see Session Management in the left menu:
- They can open a new session and input the opening balance:
- Enable Cash Control:
- When opening or closing a session, POS user can input different denominations:
- Assign addition permissions for POS users:
- POS use can make adjustment during a session: